Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bienvenidos a Mexico!

Well it was a short flight to Puerto Vallarta, only 2 hours and 20 minutes from San Diego. My parents met me at the airport and we took the bus to Bucerias, a small town about 20 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. We're staying in a condo right on the beach in Bucerias.
Here is a picture from our balcony...
We cracked a cerveza and enjoyed some guac and chips on our balcony while my parents told me about all their adventures in Mexico so far, including my dad being stung by a mantarraya (manta ray)! We then walked along the beach towards the main part of town for dinner, enjoying the incredible views of the coastline.
We had dinner at my parent's favorite restaurant in Bucerias, Los Pericos. They basically knew everyone who worked there because they had been there 5 times already! They introduced me to the owner, Pedro, and the waiter that always served them, Bernardo. I ordered the shrimp fajitas and then I understood why they kept coming back to this restaurant, they were the best fajitas I've ever had. Mmmm delicioso. I guess mexican food does taste better in Mexico. :) After dinner we walked around the town a little bit. Bucerias is very cute. It's definitely got that third world feel, but if you can get past that, it's very charming.
Looking foward to doing some more exploring tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love those skeleton people...they had those in Cabo when we went in November. Did they have the bride and groom one...I almost got them, till death do us part...haha, so cute. What fun trip, looks like an amazing condo. Nice blog Mar! Have a safe trip back
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete